The original (post Civil War) Ku Klux Klan was founded in Pulaski, Tennessee in 1865. Years later, the United Daughters of the Confederacy installed a plaque on the law office where this took place.
The plaque was inscribed "Ku Klux Klan organized in this, the law office of Judge Thomas M. Jones, Dec. 24, 1865".
The residents of Pulaski were not thrilled with this plaque; but could not do anything about it until the building was sold. Then, the new owner could have kept the plaque or had it taken down.
However, he simply reversed the plaque, effectively sending a message that the community wished sent.